According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, tarpon are not eaten. Tarpon is a fish that is prized as a gamefish because it puts up a good fight. In some places, a fisherman needs a permit to actually harvest tarpon; most of the time, tarpon is caught and released. There are two species of tarpon, the Atlantic tarpon and the Indo-Pacific tarpon.Know More
The tarpon is known for its bright silver scales that flash when it leaps out of the water. It can live in many habitats, though it is considered a marine fish. The tarpon can live in water with a low salt content and even enter fresh water as juveniles. However, the fish is sensitive to cold water and prefers the waters of tropical and subtropical areas.
Another notable thing about the tarpon is how it has adapted to oxygen-poor water. It has a modified air bladder that can take in oxygen from the air. There is evidence that the fish must breathe this way from time to time whether it is in oxygen-poor water or not.
As with many fish, female tarpon are larger than the males. A female can grow to over 8 feet long and weigh close to 355 pounds. Males are a bit smaller.Learn more about Seafood
A pawpaw can be eaten like a mango by first peeling off the outer layer of the skin and then eating it with a spoon. Ripe pawpaws are custard-like in consistency, and their flavor is somewhere between a banana and a mango. Seeds should be avoided because they are toxic, and flesh that is reddish should be cut out, as it is too ripe.Full Answer >
According to WebMD, daffodils should not be eaten. Ingesting daffodils can cause a number of severe side effects, including chills, fainting, diarrhea and vomiting severe enough to require hospitalization.Full Answer >
Grapefruit can be eaten a multitude of ways. The most common way is to cut the grapefruit in half and eat it with a spoon.Full Answer >
The buckeye nut can only be eaten if it is removed from the shell and roasted. The nut cannot be consumed raw, since it contains tannic acid and other chemicals that are mildly poisonous to humans and animals.Full Answer >