Raw soybeans are poisonous and should not be eaten according to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Raw soybeans are toxic to humans and most animals because they have high levels of protease inhibitors.Know More
Soybeans, a species of legume, are a very important crop for protein and oil. To eat soybeans, they must first be boiled in water. The boiling process ensures all toxic tryspin inhibitors are destroyed. Soybeans are inexpensive and can be found in most processed foods, such as flour, soy milk, and even infant formula. Allergies to soybeans are common; it is especially prevalent in younger children. In light of the drastic consequences, proper measures must be taken to avoid consumption of foods that contain raw soybeans.