Exposure to the two most common nitrogen oxides, nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide, can cause death, decreased fertility and genetic mutations. Tissue swelling, headaches and dizziness are common side effects when exposed to high levels of nitrogen oxides. Studies show that repeated exposure can lead to scarring.Know More
People exposed to nitrogen oxides over a long period may experience respiratory issues and reduced lung function that can limit an active lifestyle. Those with asthma are more vulnerable to the effects of these chemicals. Nitrogen oxides are created when fuel is combusted at high temperatures. They are commonly found in polluted air and are common near coal-burning power plants and anywhere with a large volume of vehicle traffic. Wood burning stoves, kerosene heaters and gas stoves also produce nitrogen oxides.
At room temperature, nitrogen dioxide can be colorless or brown and have a strong odor. When it's heated above 70 degrees Fahrenheit, nitrogen dioxide takes on a reddish-brown color. Nitric oxide has a colorless to brown tint and has a sweet odor. When nitrogen oxides mix with some other chemicals in the presence of sunlight, they can create ground-level ozone. Nitrogen oxides can cause acid rain that eventually enters lakes and streams. High levels of nitrogen are often responsible for an increase in algae and weeds.Learn more about Side Effects
According to Patient.co.uk, this drug can cause death in adults but only when it is taken above a certain dosage. Panadol is a brand name for paracetamol, which is known as acetaminophen in the United States.Full Answer >
According to About.com, petroleum jelly, which is found in Vaseline, contains polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from unrefined petrolatum that are considered to be carcinogenic. While Vaseline contains this product, Dr. Alan Dattner of Huffington Post states that all the harmful ingredients are filtered out but may be found in imitation products.Full Answer >
MedlinePlus states that while Vaseline is considered non-toxic, swallowing large amounts of it can lead to symptoms such as abdominal pain, coughing, diarrhea, shortness of breath and irritation of the eyes, nose, throat and skin. If a person swallows Vaseline, it is best to contact poison control for further instructions.Full Answer >
Magnesium oxide may contain inactive ingredients that can cause an allergic reaction, so people with allergies should speak to a doctor or pharmacist before taking, according to WebMD. People with kidney disease also should consult a health care professional before taking magnesium oxide tablets.Full Answer >