Herbalife has been found unsafe for a number of years. According to Reuters, in 2008, six products made by the company were found to include dangerous levels of lead if taken at the recommended amount.Know More
In 2011, according to an article published by the New York Times, the company's products were found to be contaminated with metal several different times. The metal contamination came from various factory machines that shredded it into the product. In February of 2013, Herbalife again faced safety concerns when the Federal Drug Administration recalled some of its products due to an undeclared milk allergy alert.