Bleach contains chemicals that have corrosive qualities and can be fatal if ingested in a large quantity. Ingesting smaller amounts typically causes irritation and minor issues in the digestive system, eyes and nose.Know More
Chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite in bleach are the cause of its potentially damaging properties. Sodium hypochlorite is not fatal in small, diluted amounts, but may cause minor irritation and burning in the respiratory and digestive systems.
If a large amount of these chemicals are ingested, the corrosive properties they contain may induce heart shock, delirium or a coma. The severity of these symptoms and damage to the nervous system and heart may ultimately result in death.Learn more about Cleaning Products
A mild detergent is a detergent that uses surfactants to remove dirt and grease. The solution easily and safely cleans the area when mixed with warm or hot water.Full Answer >
Mixing bleach and Windex releases toxic gases and produces toxic chemicals. S. C. Johnson & Sons, Inc. reports that one of the ingredients in Windex Original is ammonia. When ammonia and sodium hypochlorite, the primary ingredient in bleach are mixed, they produce chloramine vapor; there is also the potential for hydrazine formation. Experts recommend avoiding mixing these two solutions, even in small amounts.Full Answer >
Fels-Naptha is a laundry bar manufactured by Purex. It works to remove oily stains, grease, perspiration and ring-around-the-collar. Purex Fels-Naptha has been used in America for more than 100 years. The bar is 5.5 ounces and can be typically found in the laundry aisle of many stores.Full Answer >
Ammonia does kill mold on nonporous surfaces like glass. However, it will not kill mold that has accumulated on surfaces that are porous and absorb liquids. Wood and drywall are two common materials that may contain mold and on which ammonia is not effective.Full Answer >