Q:

Is Clorox bleach harmful to the skin?

A:

Quick Answer

Clorox bleach is harmful to the skin. It is advised to wear a pair of gloves while using this product as it can cause skin irritation, rashes and discomfort.

Know More

Full Answer

Clorox bleach can cause severe irritation to eyes and can be especially harmful if swallowed. Therefore, the product label specifies that it must be kept out of the reach of children. Breathing its vapors also causes harm. If the product comes in contact with the skin, it is essential to wash that area and remove contaminated clothing. If irritation or discomfort persists or a person feels nauseated, it is imperative to consult a physician.

Learn more about Cleaning Products

Related Questions

  • Q:

    Can you use Clorox bleach to dye your hair?

    A:

    According to a Material Safety Data Sheet provided by The Clorox Company, Clorox bleach can cause skin burns and irritation; therefore, using it to bleach hair can cause injury. Although the MSDS does not provide any uses against Clorox bleach, the suggested uses are for laundry and household cleaning.

    Full Answer >
  • Q:

    How do you treat Clorox fume exposure?

    A:

    If exposure to Clorox fumes leads to symptoms of poisoning, immediately move the affected person to an area with fresh air, according to MedlinePlus. If the chemical is on the victim's skin or in his eyes, flush the affected area with water for 15 minutes. Do not make the victim throw up. If the poison was swallowed, immediately administer water or milk to the victim.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    How do you disinfect with Clorox bleach?

    A:

    According to Clorox, wall surfaces and appliances can be disinfected with a solution of ? cup of Clorox bleach per 1 gallon of water. Wipe down the surfaces with the solution and allow it to stand for five minutes. Rinse the surfaces and allow them to air dry.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What are the dangers of Clorox bleach fumes?

    A:

    The most common symptoms of inhaling bleach fumes include coughing and irritation of the eyes, throat and nose. People with sensitivities to the chemicals in chlorine bleach may experience more intense symptoms after exposure.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:

Explore