Q:

Are daisies poisonous?

A:

Daisies pose little to no toxicity risk to humans though it is advisable to get medical attention immediately if any question ever arises. Some types of daisies are, however, very poisonous to dogs, cats and horses.

The common or English daisy (Bellis perennis) and the poison daisy (Anthemis cotula) are two varieties that are poisonous to dogs, cats and horses. The symptoms of daisy poisoning in animals include contact dermatitis, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, allergic reactions and prolonged bleeding. If a pet ingests daisies, it is important to call a veterinarian or ASPCA Poison Control facility immediately. Gerber, or African, daisies are not poisonous to either animals or humans.


Is this answer helpful?

Similar Questions

  • Q:

    Are ficus plants poisonous?

    A:

    According to AboutKidsHealth, ficus plants can cause allergic skin reactions in humans but are not toxic if ingested. Skin symptoms include rashes, itching, redness and swelling of the skin. Ficus plants cause allergic reactions, as well as gastrointestinal symptoms in dogs, cats and horses, according to the Pet Poison Helpline.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    How do you care for potted Gerbera daisies?

    A:

    Flamboyant Gerbera daisies produce large, colorful blossoms all year if they are properly cared for. You will need drip trays, fertilizer, pruning shears and pots with drainage holes.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    How do you care for a Mexican fan palm?

    A:

    The Mexican fan palm, also known as Washington palm, is an exceptionally hardy tree that requires little to no regular care. This palm requires full sun and grows best in regularly watered soil that remains moist, while draining excess water. The tree has a high tolerance for drought conditions; although, growth slows during such times. It is appropriate to prune as desired, with fertilizer applied to poor soil twice annually.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    Are poinsettias poisonous?

    A:

    Poinsettia plants are mildly toxic, but they are not deadly. The worst symptoms of poinsettia poisoning are stomach and mouth irritation. In some cases, enough leaves are consumed to cause vomiting.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:

Explore