Q:

Are hibiscus plants poisonous to children?

A:

According to About Kids Health, hibiscus plants are not harmful to children or adults. However, certain individuals may suffer from a skin irritation or have an allergic reaction when they come in contact with hibiscus.

Hibiscus allergies are relatively uncommon. However, if a rash or another allergic reaction occurs from the plant, it is best to remove the plant and avoid contact with it. More often than not, allergic reactions from hibiscus contact are a result of pests or fungus on the plant rather than the plant itself. Typically, pests and fungus can be treated by washing the hibiscus plant with plant wash and using an appropriate insecticide or fungus treatment.


Is this answer helpful?

Similar Questions

Explore