Do I have to be a licensed electrician to change a breaker panel?


If you are not a licensed electrician, you may need to get a permit from your local municipality to change a breaker panel. A breaker panel, also known as a distribution board or circuit breaker panel, can cause serious damage if it is not handled by an experienced electrician.

For safety purposes and to avoid expensive mistakes, it is advisable not to do any electrical work that is beyond your skill level. Home breaker panels hold between 120 and 240 volts each and can cause injuries, death and serious damage to property. It is recommended you use the services of a licensed, expert electrician to do any electrical-related work.

Is this answer helpful?

Similar Questions