Q:

Do moth balls kill fleas?

A:

Moth balls are solid insecticides, and are very effective at killing fleas and other pests. However, using them in such a manner is dangerous to other living beings, including pets, small children and adults.

Moth balls are a kind of insecticide that volatilizes, or changes its physical state directly from solid to gas. Moth balls are meant to be used in closed containers so that the fumes from the insecticide only cause harm to any pests inside the container. When placed in open containers, on the ground, or to swab pets infected with fleas, mothballs can cause irritation, nausea, headaches and diarrhea in humans, and neurological symptoms including seizures in pets. Ingestion of mothballs by a curious pet causes vomiting and liver failure. Long-term exposure is linked to nasal cancer in humans.


Is this answer helpful?

Similar Questions

  • Q:

    How do you remove lint balls from towels?

    A:

    Lint balls usually occur on towels that have short hair fibers. They usually form from abrasion during washing and drying and often result when towels begin to pill. Fortunately, you may remove and prevent this lint through a few easy techniques.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    How long can fleas live in carpet?

    A:

    An adult flea can live in carpet, without a host, for a period of between a few days to a couple of weeks. The length of the survival time depends upon how much the flea has ingested from a host before ending up in carpet.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    How do you kill algae on houses?

    A:

    Kill unsightly algae on a house with oxygen bleach as it is nontoxic and completely safe for plants and animals. Mix the compound together, spray it over the affected areas, scrub and apply a biocide. Items needed are oxygen bleach, a hand-pump sprayer, a scrub brush and biocide.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    How do you kill mold in the house?

    A:

    Minor instances of mold can be easily killed and cleaned with typical household cleaning products, such as as bleach or another non-ammonia based solution. However, larger infestations can cause numerous health issues and often require intense protective measures from a qualified professional. Destroying mold in the house can take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of days depending on the severity of the problem.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:

Explore