Remove copier toner from clothing by removing the article, taking it outside and shaking it over a waste receptacle. Wash the garment through two wash cycles, the first using dishwashing detergent and the second using regular laundry detergent. Use cold water, and avoid drying until the toner is gone.
Remove the garment, and take it to an outside collection bin. Shake the garment to remove as much of the powder as possible. Do not use a normal household vacuum, as static electricity on toner can build as it passes through the hose, resulting in an explosion of the fine particles with potential to damage the machine and cause personal injury.
Toner is a waxy substance that dishwasher detergent helps to dissolve. Wash the garment in cold water. Do not dry. Heat from the water in a wash cycle or a dryer heat sets the toner, causing permanent staining of the clothing.
Wash the stained item a second time using your normal laundry detergent. Check to ensure all the gray residue is removed. Continue to repeat the cold water wash cycles to remove the toner, if necessary. Once satisfied you have removed the stain, dry the article as normal.
To remove motor oil from a cloth, scrape off the oil with a plastic spoon, and blot the residue with a paper towel. Sprinkle baby powder over the stain, and leave it for a few minutes before rubbing it with oil-fighting dish washing liquid. Finally, wash your cloth as normal.Full Answer >
Remove mildew from clothes by brushing off as much of the mold as possible and then washing the clothes in soap and water. Use bleach or a lemon juice and salt mixture on any remaining mildew stains until they are gone.Full Answer >
To remove old blood stains, brush off the dried blood, soak the garment in a mixture of cool water and laundry detergent, pretreat the stains, and wash the garment as normal. Finally, air dry the garment, and inspect the results.Full Answer >
Removing lipstick from clothing, or other fabric, demands removal of three primary components: oil, pigment and wax. Eliminate stains by treating with common household products, such as hairspray, rubbing alcohol and liquid dishwashing detergent.Full Answer >