GetSmellOut.com recommends the following method to remove the potent smell of kerosene from clothing. Before attempting to remove the kerosene odor from any fabric, first check the garment's care label to see if the item can be laundered.Know More
Mix a solution of 1 part ammonia to 10 parts water in a pail or basin. Dip the area with the kerosene stain into the ammonia solution. Allow the stain to soak for at least an hour.
After soaking, launder the stained item in the washing machine using the hottest water setting suitable for the fabric.
Baking soda helps to pull the smell of kerosene out of fabric. Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to the washing machine before laundering.
White vinegar is also effective in helping to remove the smell of kerosene. Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar to the washing machine to help boost its deodorizing action.
A lingering odor of kerosene may remain even after soaking and laundering. If so, hang the garment outside to allow the circulating air to help remove the remaining odor.
To remove dryer odor, the first step is to clean the lint filter by wiping the screen with a dry rag to remove remaining lint. Soak the filter in hot, soapy water for 10-15 minutes; meanwhile use a vacuum hose attachment to clean out the lint trap. If the problem persists, common household cleaning products, such as vinegar, can also help rid the appliance of the odor.Full Answer >
To remove the odor of gasoline, sprinkle it with baking soda, rub it with dish soap, rinse it, apply a paste of baking soda and water, and rinse again. This 1-hour procedure requires microfiber cloths, baking soda, dish soap, a sponge, water, a bowl and a plastic bin.Full Answer >
To remove the odor of dog urine from carpets and other surfaces in the home, use a wet vac, an enzyme-based cleaner and baking soda. The stain may require several treatments to completely neutralize and remove the odor.Full Answer >
Remove smoke odor from a home by cleaning the carpets, eliminating odors from the walls and cleaning fabric items. Eliminating all the odors from a home where a smoker has lived is a labor-intensive job.Full Answer >