According to Medline Plus, rhubarb leaves are poisonous and contain oxalic acid and possibly anthraquinone glycosides. Rhubarb leaf poisoning comes from the leaves only; the stalk can be eaten.Know More
To treat an allergic reaction, flush the face, eyes and hands with water if they have come in contact with rhubarb leaves. Some of the symptoms of a rhubarb leaf poisoning include throat and mouth burning, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, stomach pain and eye pain, red-tinged urine, vomiting, seizures, nausea and weakness.
Symptoms that go on one to three days may need hospitalization. Serious cases can lead to kidney failure, and, rarely, deaths are reported.Learn more about Outdoor Plants & Flowers
Gardening experts advise that early spring is the best time to transplant rhubarb. It is also possible to transplant rhubarb during the fall when the plants are dormant.Full Answer >
No part of the fuchsia plant is poisonous to humans. In addition, the ASPCA lists the most common cultivar of fuchsia as nontoxic to most animals, including cats, dogs and horses.Full Answer >
According to the National Capital Poison Center, begonias are not toxic to humans. However, begonias, especially their tubers, are highly poisonous to household pets, such as dogs and cats.Full Answer >
Rhubarb should be grown in an area with a cool climate where the temperature stays below 75 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer and falls below 40 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter. This allows the plant to return from dormancy as winter ends.Full Answer >