To eliminate mold in your basement, remove moisture from the air with a dehumidifier. Kill mold by mixing a solution of borax and warm water, and wash the entire basement. Treat concentrated areas with a vinegar and water solution. Repeat as needed to prevent future mold growth.Know More
Place a dehumidifier in the basement to remove excess air moisture, which provides a breeding ground for mold spores. Open basement windows and doors, and use floor fans to help circulate dry air.
Combine 1 cup of borax per gallon of warm water. Thoroughly mix with a wooden spoon to dissolve the borax. Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
To avoid coming in contact mold, which may be harmful to your health, wear an N-05 respirator mask, rubber gloves and non-ventilated goggles.
Liberally spray the cleaning solution until the entire basement is saturated. For large basements, forgo the spray, and carefully pour the solution throughout the space.
For areas with high mold growth, saturate the mold with undiluted white vinegar. Allow the vinegar to soak into the mold for 30 minutes.
After the vinegar has soaked into the mold, rinse the area with the borax and water solution.
Once the basement is dry, wipe away mold debris, and immediately discard in a sealed trash bag.
Getting rid of mold on a windowsill is a relatively simple process that you can complete in varying amounts of time depending on the size of the surface. To complete the process, you need gloves, a tarp, a dust mask, sandpaper, some rags, bleach, water and a brush.Full Answer >
Getting rid of mold requires stopping the moisture causing the mold and cleaning the existing mold. Repairing damage and repainting is done after all mold is gone.Full Answer >
To get rid of mold, locate it, empty the room and wash the molded surface multiple times. You need a tape measure, a bucket, a sponge, water, detergent, bleach, duct tape, plastic sheeting and safety equipment. It takes roughly 2 hours.Full Answer >
Eliminate sooty mold by treating the aphids, killing the ants that farm them and wiping the powder off the plants with a mild detergent solution. The problem forms due to the honeydew the aphids create when eating the plants. Eliminating the aphids usually solves the problem.Full Answer >