To get rid of mold under linoleum, the linoleum must be removed and the underlying flooring scrubbed with hot, soapy water. It may be necessary to replace the flooring and increase ventilation to the bathroom to eliminate mold.Know More
Determine the cause of the mold growth as an initial step to eliminating the problem. Check toilets, sinks and showers for leaks and make necessary repairs to control moisture in the room. Moldy linoleum should be discarded in the manner determined by local laws and regulations. After making repairs and discarding moldy linoleum, begin treatment to kill mold spores to prevent the problem from recurring.
The Environmental Protection Agency recommends scrubbing the sub-flooring and other areas affected by mold with detergent and water. Undiluted white vinegar effectively kills most mold spores. Vinegar should remain on the floor for 1 hour before scrubbing the floor with detergent and water.
Hydrogen peroxide can also be used to treat mold. Spray a 3 percent solution of peroxide on the area, and allow it to sit for 10 minutes before washing with soap and water. The floor should be completely dry before covering with new linoleum.
To remove mold permanently, use a dehumidifer and increase ventilation in the bathroom. It may be necessary to replace the sub-flooring under the linoleum if the mold is severe. Wood sub-flooring that is warped, appears wet or that is covered in mold should be removed by a mold remediation professional.Learn more about Cleaning
To get rid of black mold, cover the vents in the affected rooms, open the windows, scrub the mold with detergent and bleach, and clean the furniture thoroughly. This eight-hour project requires tape, plastic sheets, a bucket, water, detergent, bleach, rubber gloves, fabric cleaner, all-purpose hard surface cleaner, safety goggles, a sponge and a particle mask.Full Answer >
Eliminate sooty mold by treating the aphids, killing the ants that farm them and wiping the powder off the plants with a mild detergent solution. The problem forms due to the honeydew the aphids create when eating the plants. Eliminating the aphids usually solves the problem.Full Answer >
To eliminate mold inside the home, eliminate excess moisture in the area, ensure the area is adequately ventilated, and clean the area with soap, water, bleach and borate-based detergent. Clean the room thoroughly after removing the mold to prevent the mold from recurring.Full Answer >
To eliminate mold in your basement, remove moisture from the air with a dehumidifier. Kill mold by mixing a solution of borax and warm water, and wash the entire basement. Treat concentrated areas with a vinegar and water solution. Repeat as needed to prevent future mold growth.Full Answer >