Getting rid of mold on a windowsill is a relatively simple process that you can complete in varying amounts of time depending on the size of the surface. To complete the process, you need gloves, a tarp, a dust mask, sandpaper, some rags, bleach, water and a brush.
Put your dust mask on to avoid breathing in any dangerous airborne mold spores. Place the tarp on the floor surrounding your window. This allows you to prevent any mold spores from becoming embedded in the floor.
Open the window in order to ventilate your workspace and allow the windowsill to air-dry more easily later on. Mix together one part bleach to three parts of water, and use your brush to scrub down any areas with mold. It is okay if there are a few stains that are too difficult to remove from the mold completely.
Leave the window open, and allow the windowsill to dry completely. Once it dries completely, rinse away any residue with a water-soaked rag. Allow the surface to dry before sanding down any areas that still have mold stains.
Eliminate sooty mold by treating the aphids, killing the ants that farm them and wiping the powder off the plants with a mild detergent solution. The problem forms due to the honeydew the aphids create when eating the plants. Eliminating the aphids usually solves the problem.Full Answer >
To remove mold from wood, select a cleaning solution, put on protective gear, scrub the wood and then let it dry. The required materials include a cleaner, rag, protective gear and possibly sandpaper. The cleaning time varies depending on the severity of the mold.Full Answer >
Remove mold from a shower by mixing hydrogen peroxide with water, applying it to the mold, and then rinsing the shower and drying all surfaces with a towel. Unlike harsh commercial shower cleaners that etch natural stone, a hydrogen peroxide solution is even mild enough to clean mold from marble showers.Full Answer >
To eliminate mold in your basement, remove moisture from the air with a dehumidifier. Kill mold by mixing a solution of borax and warm water, and wash the entire basement. Treat concentrated areas with a vinegar and water solution. Repeat as needed to prevent future mold growth.Full Answer >