Muriatic acid is a strong acid cleaner used on masonry surfaces to clean stains. With proper use, it removes stains when other cleaners fail. If the acid comes in contact with skin, wash it away with large amounts of water.Know More
Muriatic acid is highly corrosive. It can burn your skin and cause choking, sinus irritation or frostbite, according to HowStuffWorks. Wear a respirator designed for use with hydrochloric acid, gloves, goggles or a face shield and a long-sleeved shirt with long pants or a chemical resistant suit.
Dilute the acid with water at a 1 to 4 ratio. Always add the acid to the water to help prevent acid splashing out of the mixing container. Pour the acid into the water slowly. Mix well.
Use a garden sprayer or paint brush to apply the solution to the stain. You should see a chemical reaction as soon as you apply the muriatic acid. The solution begins to bubble, and it lifts and removes the stain. Leave it in place for 20 minutes.
Use a garden hose and sprayer to rinse away the acid once the stain is gone. Use ample amounts of water to dilute the acid as it washes away.
According to Clorox.com, Clorox bleach can be used to clean driveways and other concrete surfaces. However, it is best to test each concrete surface with a small amount of bleach to ensure that the surface can safely be bleached.Full Answer >
Plain water on a lightly dampened cloth sufficiently cleans any type of hardwood pine flooring with any finish. To protect your floor from scratches, sweep or dry mop any dirt or debris prior to cleaning. Continue to protect the integrity of the floor with doorway, area and throw rugs.Full Answer >
An unsoiled, damp cloth is sufficient for the basic cleaning of a tanning bed. For a more thorough cleaning, pH neutral no-rinse cleaners work best.Full Answer >
The mop, like any other, is used by wetting it, wringing it, mopping the surface in question with water and cleaning solution and concluding with a rinse. This process removes dirt and stains without damaging surfaces through prolonged contact with soapy water or bleach.Full Answer >