Q:

Will vinegar clean concrete?

A:

Quick Answer

Vinegar can be used to clean concrete. A simple mixture of warm water and white vinegar is enough to clean everyday dirt from concrete. Mix equal parts warm water and vinegar together and apply to the concrete. Allow the solution to sit for several minutes before wiping down and rinsing.

Know More

Full Answer

Undiluted vinegar can be used to remove tougher stains and dirt on concrete. Spray the soiled area with undiluted white vinegar and then allow it to sit for a few minutes. Scrub the area with a stiff brush to break up any stains. Rinse the concrete with warm, clean water.

Learn More

Related Questions

  • Q:

    Will Clorox clean concrete?

    A:

    According to Clorox.com, Clorox bleach can be used to clean driveways and other concrete surfaces. However, it is best to test each concrete surface with a small amount of bleach to ensure that the surface can safely be bleached.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    How do you clean a microwave with vinegar?

    A:

    To clean a microwave with vinegar, pour equal parts of white vinegar and water into a microwave-safe bowl, place the bowl in the microwave, and heat the mixture for five to 10 minutes. Remove the bowl, and wipe the microwave clean. You need a bowl, vinegar, water and a sponge.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    How do you clean wood with vinegar?

    A:

    Wood furniture is cleaned with a solution of 1 cup of olive oil and 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Pour the solution onto a soft cleaning cloth, and gently work it into the wood grain. Hardwood flooring is cleaned with a solution of 1 gallon of warm water and 1/2 cup vinegar. Use a mop or wipe the floor by hand with a soft cloth dipped in the solution.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    How do you use muriatic acid to clean concrete?

    A:

    Muriatic acid is a strong acid cleaner used on masonry surfaces to clean stains. With proper use, it removes stains when other cleaners fail. If the acid comes in contact with skin, wash it away with large amounts of water.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:

Explore