What are two rays with the same endpoint called in geometry?


Two rays that meet at a common endpoint are called an angle in geometry. In an angle, the rays are its sides and the endpoint is the vertex.

To denote an angle, it is necessary to use three points. While each side has one point, the vertex is the middle point that unites both sides of the rays. For example, an angle named DEG has the points D and G as its sides and E as the vertex point. This angle DEG divides a plane into three distinct parts, which are the angle's interior, exterior and the angle itself.

Different types of angles can be formed by two rays, including acute, obtuse, straight and right angles.

Is this answer helpful?

Similar Questions