Q:

How much liquid Benadryl can you give a dog?

A:

Liquid Benadryl is not recommended for dogs. Experts believe the alcohol percentage in liquid Benadryl is too high to treat dogs safely. Benadryl in pill form is often recommended and safely used as an effective treatment for many different pet symptoms and ailments.

Experts recommend seeking the advice of a veterinarian before administering Benadryl to a dog. The proper dose of capsule formula Benadryl varies depending on several factors that a veterinarian can best assess. Recommended dosage in capsule form can vary from 0.5 to 2 milligrams per pound of a dog's weight, depending on the dog's overall health and the ailment or symptoms being suffered.

Learn More

Related Questions

  • Q:

    How do I know if my dog has a kidney infection or not?

    A:

    The only way to know for sure whether or not a dog has a kidney infection is through a veterinary examination. According to the Merck Manual for Pet Health, symptoms that may indicate a kidney infection include pain in the sides, fever and a general sense that the dog is not well. Vomiting, reduced appetite, increased urination or thirst are other symptoms of a possible kidney infection.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What is a miniature Great Dane?

    A:

    A miniature Great Dane is simply a Great Dane that is smaller than average. The American Kennel Club and the Great Dane Club of America both recognize only one type of Great Dane, a dog standing a minimum of 30 inches high in males and 28 inches high in females.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    Can dogs have milk safely?

    A:

    Milk and dairy are not toxic for dogs. However, dogs can be lactose intolerant and some may even be allergic to milk protein. Even in dogs that can digest lactose, large amounts of milk can cause intestinal distress and diarrhea.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    Are mushrooms bad for dogs?

    A:

    Not all mushrooms are toxic to dogs, though to be safe, dogs should not be permitted to eat them. Mushrooms are difficult to identify, so always assume the worst and bring a dog that has eaten mushrooms to the veterinarian immediately. Furthermore, the toxicity of a mushroom can be affected by the dog's underlying health.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:

Explore