How do you dissolve copper sulfate?

Answer

The National Pesticide Information Center states that copper sulfate can be dissolved in water. Copper sulfate is a soluble inorganic salt, so its ions dissociate in water.

Copper sulfate has been used as a herbicide, a root killer, an algaecide and a fungicide in non-agricultural and agricultural settings. It is used as a molluscicide and an antimicrobial. While excessive exposure to copper salts, including copper sulfate, is toxic, copper is an essential mineral for humans, and the general recommended dietary allowance for copper is 900 micrograms per day for adults. Copper is found in water, in foods and in the environment.

Reference:
Q&A Related to "How do you dissolve copper sulfate?"
Copper sulfate is highly water soluble. It dissolves easily in
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-when-c...
Copper Sulfate can dissolve in water because water is a polar solvent. A polar solvent is one where the molecules that make up the solvent have a charge that is unequally distributed
http://www.enotes.com/homework-help/why-can-copper...
1. Test the water in your swimming pool using a pool chemistry test kit to determine how high the copper sulfate level is. Make sure that the kit you purchase includes a test for
http://www.ehow.com/how_8395247_remove-copper-sulf...
hot water.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_will_dissolve_fast...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2015 Ask.com