What is a ray that divides an angle into two congruent angles called?


A ray that divides an angle into two congruent angles is called an angle bisector. The straight line cuts an angle in half, creating two equal angles.

The bisector is a ray, a line or a portion of a line that enters the midpoint of the angle through the interior of the angle. Congruent angles are the same size as one another and they always contain an equal number of degrees. In the case of a 90-degree angle, a bisector splits the angle in half and creates two angles that are 45 degrees each. Lines that are the same length are also referred to as congruent.

Q&A Related to "What is a ray that divides an angle into two..."
The answer to that is a bisector. The two angles formed by this has the same angle.
An angle bisector is a ray that divides an
Use postulates to show how these two angles are congruent. 15. AAS; right angles are congruent to each other and we can also say that the indicated angles [not right angles] are also
The lengths of the sides are irrelevant. 180° - 38° = 142°. 142° ÷ 2 = 71°. Each base angle measures 71°.
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com