Are Cherry Pits Poisonous?

Answer

They are not poisonous. But many people have serious allergic reactions. If you don't know whether you are allergic, stay away from them.
1 Additional Answer
Cherry Pits are poisonous to people if ingested and if ingested in sufficient amounts can be fatal. This is because Cherry pits contain cyanogenic glycosides which are poisonous when taken in excess. Children and pets are much more likely to suffer from cherry pit poisoning than adults.
Q&A Related to "Are Cherry Pits Poisonous?"
Well, if you must! Remember, you can always just spit them out! Here goes, first if using a knife,wash the cherries, removing the stems. Use a small knife to cut cherries in half.
http://answers.ask.com/Food_and_Drinks/Food_and_Co...
1. Pit the cherries. Place the cherries in a bowl and the pits in another bowl. Use a nutcracker to crack the cherry pits slightly. 2. Cut a 12-inch square of cheesecloth and lay
http://www.ehow.com/how_5769445_boil-cherry-pits.h...
1. Wash the cherry. 2. Put the chopping board on a table. Have the knife ready and pick up a cherry. 3. Examine the cherry closely. If there are any bruises, splits, or patches of
http://www.wikihow.com/Pit-a-Cherry
Nothing severe will happen if you swallow one. They
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-would-happen-i...
Explore this Topic
Cherry pits are poisonous to humans since they contain cyanogenic glycosides. If accidentally eaten in a pie or swallowed you will be fine, but if eaten severally ...
Cherry Pits are poisonous to people if ingested and if ingested in sufficient amounts can be fatal. This is because Cherry pits contain cyanogenic glycosides which ...
Cherry pits are actually among the foods that are considered toxic and poisonous to pets such as dogs and cats. Other poisonous foods that should not be given ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com