Are Honeysuckle Berries Poisonous?

Answer

Several species of Honeysuckle Berries are poisonous. While some species of honeysuckle are mildly toxic, a few species, such as Lonicera caerulea are edible. Poisoning symptoms include abdominal pains, diarrhoea and vomiting and death in serious cases.
Q&A Related to "Are Honeysuckle Berries Poisonous?"
Honeysuckle grows easily and has a high heat tolerance and can be found growing wild throughout North America, Japan, China and Europe, states Maureen Gilmer of HGTV. It is also present
http://www.ehow.com/facts_6747052_honeysuckle-pois...
One can kill a full-grown cat.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_poisonous_are_yew_be...
1. Know the names of inedible berries. Some common names are: poison ivy berry, holly berry, nightshade berry, yew berry, pokeweed berry, Virginia creepers etc. Note some common North
http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-Common-Poisonous-B...
Symptoms of poisoning by honeysuckle may include vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy. Contact a poison control center or dial 911 immediately if you or someone you know may be suffering
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201109...
Explore this Topic
There are lots of species of honeysuckles. In most species the berries are mildly poisonous, but a few (notably Lonicera caerulea) have edible berries. ...
Honeysuckle berries are poisonous to dogs because the berries contain carotenoids which dogs are unable to process if eaten in large amounts. Dogs that have ingested ...
The berries that hang from a shrubs and trees during the summer months look very tasty however not all of them are safe. There are poisonous berries that can make ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com