Is the jade plant poisonous to humans and animals?

Answer

The jade plant is poisonous to dogs and cats and marginally toxic to humans. For humans, the jade plant is considered to be minor in toxicity. If eaten, it may cause diarrhea or an upset stomach.

If it is suspected that a child or adult has ingested jade, call the local poison control center.

If a pet accidentally ingests any part of this plant, seek medical attention from a veterinarian or emergency animal hospital immediately. Animals may exhibit symptoms such as vomiting, acting lethargic, loss of appetite, slow heart rate and a lack of muscle coordination.

This plant has thick branches of shiny, short leaves that are deep green or yellow-green in color. It is also known as the Chinese rubber plant, baby jade, money tree and Japanese rubber plant.

Q&A Related to "Is the jade plant poisonous to humans and animals..."
1. Choose a clay pot for transplanting your jade plant. It should be about 1 or 1½ pot sizes larger than the current container and have a hole in the bottom to provide good
http://www.ehow.com/how_5089539_transplant-jade-pl...
1. Place in direct sunlight. Ad. 2. Do not over water. Jade plants can easily go two weeks to a month between watering. 3. Re-pot using any soil when the soil’s nutrients need
http://www.wikihow.com/Grow-a-Jade-Plant
Lots of plants and plant parts are poisonous or otherwise dangerous for rabbits. There are lists available online (see below Related Links) - none of these lists are complete, though
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_plants_are_poisonou...
Nicotine in tobacco, caffeine in coffee, cocaine in coca plants,opium in poppies,solanine in green potatoes but ricin in castor oil plants is deadly in minute traces.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_poisonous_subs...
1 Additional Answer
Ask.com Answer for: are jade plants poisonous
Is a Jade Plant Poisonous?
Crassula argentea, the scientific name for the jade plant, is a member of the Crassulaceae family. A succulent, South African desert plant known to exhibit drought-survival strategies through unique photosynthesis, the jade plant is only marginally toxic... More »
Difficulty: Easy
Source: www.ehow.com
Explore this Topic
If your jade plant is losing leaves, the cause may be overwatering. A jade plant is a succulent, so it doesn't need watering as often as many other house plants. ...
It is usually not necessary to prune the hearty jade plant. However if you wish to prune your jade plant use sharp pruning shears and make your cuts at the base ...
Just take a leaf or cutting and place it on the soil. Do not water it first. Start watering when you see roots start to come out. See more at: . ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com