Are mums poisonous?

Answer

Chrysanthemums, or mums, can cause people to develop contact dermatitis and is toxic to dogs, cats, and horses. Contact dermatitis is a condition that results in red, sore, or inflamed skin.

Contact dermatitis typically occurs after extended exposure to the plant's leaves, stalks or flower heads and is common for gardeners and florists. The chemical Arteglasin-A triggers the allergic reaction to this popular fall plant. Washing the affected area thoroughly may clear up the skin. An emollient or moisturizer can be used.

If a dog, cat or horse ingests mums, the animal may show several signs such as vomiting, hypersalivation, loss of appetite or incoordination. The ASPCA recommends contacting a veterinarian immediately if this occurs.

Q&A Related to "Are mums poisonous?"
I'm afraid you never get over losing your parents it's one of the biggest losses a person can experience and for you have been through that a such a young age must be devastating.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201401...
f you suffer from nausea you can save some money by using the ginger you have in your kitchen instead of going out to buy medication. Source(s) http://www.beautyandgroomingtips.com/
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201309...
Explore this Topic
Mums, also known as chrysanthemums, are poisonous to dogs. If your pet has eaten one of these plants, it is likely that you will notice diarrhea, vomiting, and ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com