Are Oak Acorns Poisonous to Dogs?

Answer

Oak acorns are poisonous to dogs. If a dog ingests oak acorns, there can be a potential obstruction of the intestines of that dog. There have been cases where dogs that have eaten acorns have bloody diarrhoea and an increase in the kidney values. It is highly advisable to reduce the exposure of your dog to oak trees.
Q&A Related to "Are Oak Acorns Poisonous to Dogs"
1. Soak a cotton ball or cloth in rubbing alcohol. 2. Apply alcohol to the poison oak-irritated skin (i.e. paws, nose, stomach) ensuring your hands are protected with latex gloves
http://www.ehow.com/how_7797474_treat-poison-oak-d...
is eating acorns toxic for a dog?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_symptoms_of...
here is a list of some common toxins. It just lists acorn in general. It does not specify particular types, so it would be best to avoid all types. Acorns can also cause forgein body
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200704...
A dog can get poison oak. ChaCha!
http://www.chacha.com/question/why-don't-dogs-get-...
Explore this Topic
is eating acorns toxic for a dog? ...
is eating acorns toxic for a dog? ...
Acorns can be toxic in large amounts, whether eaten all at once or several a day over a period of time. The acorn's hard outer shell contains a toxic substance ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com