Are rhododendrons poisonous?

Answer

The rhododendron is a poisonous plant. It is classified as highly toxic and can be fatal due to the presence of andromedotoxin in the plant.

All parts of the rhododendron are toxic and can produce symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, depression, loss of energy, eyes watering, salivation and coma. The poison delivery method is listed as ingestion. Rhododendron is a poisonous plant for dogs, cats and horses as well. The symptoms for pet poisoning mimic the ones for human victims and can be fatal. The rhododendron is a woody shrub that flowers in the spring and is very popular in gardens.

Q&A Related to "Are rhododendrons poisonous?"
African Rue. Andromeda (related to foxglove) Avocado- South American Avocado leaves/tree such as Haas or crosses with Haas. Avocado- Fuarte (definitely) Azalea. Brouwer's Beauty Andromeda
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200710...
Welcome to Just Answer, and thank you for putting your trust in me. Hi there, I have studied your question/ provided information and found you can try 100% side effects free and natural
http://www.justanswer.com/homeopathy/6hp4y-suggest...
1 Additional Answer
Ask.com Answer for: are rhododendrons poisonous
Rhododendron Poisoning
The rhododendron is a common plant in many gardens due to its colorful flowers and hearty, year-round, evergreen foliage. Rhododendrons are highly toxic and pose a risk of poisoning in both humans and animals.... More »
Difficulty: Easy
Source: www.ehow.com
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com