Are Starfish Poisonous?

Answer

Starfish are very dangerous as they have sharp spines covered with thin venomous skin. Once this venom gets on your skin, it causes swelling, nausea and vomiting or worse once it gets into contact with a wound.
Q&A Related to "Are Starfish Poisonous?"
freshwater.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_do_poisonous_starf...
The Crown-of-Thorns Starfish is the only seriously venomous Starfish. Each
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-can-i-tell-if-a...
Heidi, it is probably a "local starfish" then and probably nothing to worry about in terms of toxins. If he seems fine, I would not worry and at this point inducing vomiting
http://dog.justanswer.com/dog/1fanf-dog-just-ate-d...
Explore this Topic
Starfish are not poisonous to dogs if they are well-prepared. They can be cooked and sorted carefully to avoid feeding the dogs on contaminated ones. They can ...
Humans can eat starfish since they are not poisonous. The starfish can live all over the world and they love to live in small groups. Star fish have a central ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com