Can you die from an overdose of diphenhydramine?

Answer

Very few patients die from an antihistamine overdose unless the dose causes serious heart rhythm disturbances or breathing problems, according to the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine that is used to relieve allergy symptoms.

An overdose can occur anytime a person takes more than the recommended dosage. Some symptoms of overdose include agitation, convulsions, nausea, rapid heart rate, blurred vision, coma and stomach pain. Never hesitate to call 911 if an individual has overdosed on any medication. If a person is suffering from an overdose, treatment at the hospital will include activated charcoal, breathing support, intravenous fluids and gastric lavage.

Reference:
Q&A Related to "Can you die from an overdose of diphenhydramine..."
every drug can kill you from overdose.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_drug_can_you_die_fr...
Symptoms of a salt overdose include nausea, vomiting, flushing, low...
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-die-from...
Since every drug is different in its action, they all kill you in different ways when overdosing. The most common effect of overdose is burning out your liver, because your liver
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201308...
As far as dying, it would depend upon the amount & type of insulin. There are some slow-acting insulins that work over a 24-hour period. Then there are fast-acting insulins, some
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200905...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com