Do I need to change my address on my passport?


There is no need to make a change to a passport due to an address change. Addresses are not shown on passports, so moving to a new home does not require a change to the passport.

Passports with printing or spelling errors must be corrected by submitting form DS-5504 along with a color passport photo. There is no charge for this service.

Passports must be updated to reflect name changes due to marriage, divorce or legal name changes. The name change document, a color passport photo, the current passport and the appropriate form must be submitted to the National Passport Processing Center. There is no charge if less than one year has passed since the passport was issued. In all other cases, fees must be remitted. Under some circumstances, a person must appear at an acceptance facility or passport agency in person to make these changes.

About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2015