Do Lawn Fertilizers Hurt Dogs?

Answer

Fertilizers may hurt your dogs if ingested. If the fertilizer gets on their pads it can be caustic. Then when they lick their paws, it will be ingested. Lawn enhancers have herbicides in them which can could cause cancer. The best thing is to keep pets off of the lawn until the chemicals are absorbed.
Reference:
Q&A Related to "Do Lawn Fertilizers Hurt Dogs?"
A dog could even end up dying from eating
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-sick-would-a-do...
Keep them away until there is a decent amount of rain.
http://aolanswers.com/questions/long_dogs_fertiliz...
The 24 to 48 hour rule is only to keep them right. Heavy fertilizers need a licence. Get out now and play with the kids/ dog or whatever. Source(s) Lawn layer.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200804...
You can use these products every 60-90 days. If you are located in the northern half of USA and grow cool season grass (Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, and fescue) then fertilize
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Fertilizer-717/Frequenc...
1 Additional Answer
Ask.com Answer for: do lawn fertilizers hurt dogs
Do Lawn Fertilizers Hurt Dogs?
Dogs tend to stick anything into their mouths and have been known to eat lawn fertilizers. Lawn fertilizers can kill or poison dogs and other pets, according to the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center.... More »
Difficulty: Easy
Source: www.ehow.com
Explore this Topic
No, lime will not hurt dogs. Usually, dogs have enough common sense not to eat lime. People usually lay it out on their lawns without any sort of pet trouble. ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com