How can you tell if a dog drank antifreeze?

Answer

Some of the initial symptoms to look for if a dog drank antifreeze include staggering, seizures, and depressed mood. Excessive thirst, vomiting, and frequent urination may also be experienced. Although they may appear to get better initially, kidney failure will begin in a day or two.
Reference:
Q&A Related to "How can you tell if a dog drank antifreeze?"
1. Watch for strange behavior. Animals that have consumed antifreeze may seem disoriented, depressed or confused. 2. Check the level of water in the water bowl. Dogs that have consume
http://www.ehow.com/how_8480097_tell-dog-drank-ant...
Take the Dog Straight to the vets, just to be safe.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_to_do_if_dog_drank_...
Take to your vet or the emergency clinic NOW! Antifreeze is toxic to dogs and will kill. If you have the container then take with you. Advise the clinic of how much the dog got into
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201302...
Not medical advice: Early symptoms are much like alcohol intoxication. Dogs may vomit due to the irritating effects of ethylene glycol on the
http://www.kgbanswers.com/how-would-you-know-if-yo...
1 Additional Answer
Ask.com Answer for: dog drank antifreeze
How to Tell if a Dog Drank Antifreeze
Antifreeze is made primarily of ethylene glycol, and it is commonly kept in household garages for use with cars. When antifreeze is swallowed by a dog, the antifreeze breaks down into toxic components in the dog's liver. Between two and three tablespoons... More »
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Source: www.ehow.com
Explore this Topic
It is according to how much antifreeze a dog has drank and how big/small the dog is as to how long it will have to live. Antifreeze poisoning is a painful and ...
It usually will take about 3 hours for a lethal dosage of antifreeze to kill a dog. The same goes for practically any pet or animal. ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com