How Did Pioneers Treat Rattlesnake Bites?

Answer

Typically, pioneers would treat a rattlesnake bite by making a cut over the bite, sucking out the venom and then spitting it out. This wasn't the best way to do things and certainly shouldn't be done today. Medical attention is best for a snake bite, especially a poisonous one.
Q&A Related to "How Did Pioneers Treat Rattlesnake Bites?"
One thing pioneers did was to cut open the wound, and suck out all the venom and spit it out.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_pioneers_treat_r...
1. Look at the bitten area. If the area begins to change color and bulge, you have been bitten by a poisonous snake. Look for blood from the bite, and note any pain and bruising in
http://www.ehow.com/how_2087772_treat-rattlesnake-...
Most people who live in Arizona never see a snake their entire lives, except maybe at the zoo. But if you are unfortunate enough to be bitten by a snake, it is rarely fatal. Especially
http://phoenix.about.com/cs/desert/ht/snakebite.ht...
I agree with the person above. Also, I read that indians would kill the snake, cut it open, and lay a slice of the snake on top of the bite.this was suppose to draw out the poison.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=100603...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com