How do I become a registered childminder?


To become a registered childminder you must, according to law (The Regulation of Care Act 2001), register with the Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care (Care Commission). Anyone offering a childcare service in their own home for more than two hours a day, for children aged under 16 must be registered.
2 Additional Answers
Most of the information in this website refers to Registered Child minders in England under the of steed regulations. If you would like to have a rewarding career, be your own boss and run your business from home, then child minding could be an ideal career for you. You first need to contact your local authority.
To become a registered child minder, you need to contact your local authority Childcare link on telephone 0800 2 346346.
Explore this Topic
Normally one becomes a registered child-minder within 12 weeks after submitting their application form to Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education, also Children's ...
To become a child minder, you should register after going to a child minding briefing meeting so as to make sure that child minding is right for you. You do not ...
To become a childminder the Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education) will first inspect you to ensure that you meet the national standards such as: ensuring ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014