How Do I Change a Property Deed?


A solicitor will be needed if title deeds are being changed, and there will be a fee to alter the entries on the register. The procedures and ease of a name change depend on the jurisdiction in which the change is being done. If there is a mortgage on the property as well as co-owners, then the lenders or co-owners will need to agree to the changes.
1 Additional Answer
To change your property deed, first consult a property attorney so that he/she can give you the most specific advice on how to change a deed. Then get a form and the legal description of your property and fill out the form filling each detail and then sign the form in front of a notary. The final step is to record the deed with the proper county official.
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014