Change Name Back to Maiden Name?


To change back to your maiden name, you should contact your court system, fill out the necessary paperwork and prepare to meet the costs. You may be required to meet the judge for the latter to know the reasons for the name change. You should change your name on all sensitive personal information after which you will have certified documents of the name change.
Q&A Related to "Change Name Back to Maiden Name?"
1. Contact the Office of Prothonotary in the county where the divorce was filed. Ask about the cost to file and how to obtain the "Notice to Retake Prior Surname" form.
Just do it. Go down to the DMV and change your name, go to SS and change it. With that done you can do just about anything. You can also have it listed in the divorce that you are
1. Tell the judge you wish to take back your maiden name. During your divorce proceedings, tell the judge that you wish to change your name back to your maiden name. Be sure to tell
Since changing your name is a legal
2 Additional Answers Answer for: how do i change my name back to my maiden name
How to Change Your Name Back to Your Maiden Name
Your divorce is final and you're ready to begin life anew. But first you must achieve one initial step before the journey begins: changing your last name. Changing your last name can be as simple as adding a sentence in your divorce decree or filing... More »
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
If you want to revert to your maiden name when divorced all you need is a copy of a divorce certificate or a dissolution certificate. If you want to revert to your original name you might need to provide a birth certificate.
Explore this Topic
A "maiden name" is the surname of a woman before she gets married. After marriage, a woman may change her surname to that of her husband, which becomes ...
Priscilla Presley's maiden name was Beauleiu. She was actually born Priscilla Ann Wagner, but was given the last name of her stepfather, Paul Beaulieu, when her ...
Anyone over the age of 16 can change their name at any time. You can change your forename, your surname or both. You can add new names or drop a name you do not ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014