How Much Chocolate Can Make a Dog Sick?

Answer

The amount of chocolate needed to make a dog sick depends on the size and type of the dog and the purity of the chocolate. A large Labrador retriever can sometimes eat a milk chocolate bar with no visible problems, but a single square of dark chocolate can make a poodle deathly ill. The purer the chocolate, the worse it is for your pooch and no amount of chocolate of any sort is safe for any dog.
Q&A Related to "How Much Chocolate Can Make a Dog Sick"
Chocolate is toxic to dogs. It only takes 2-3 chocolate bars to be toxic to a 10 lb dog. Chocolate makes a ball in the dogs stomach & is difficult to remove. If given small amounts
http://answers.ask.com/Science/Nature/how_much_cho...
Theobromine. It causes the release of norepinephrine and epinephrine, that cause an increase in the dog’s heart rate and can cause arrhythmias. Other signs seen with chocolate
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_in_chocolate_makes_...
While no amount or type of chocolate is healthy for dogs, some types of chocolate are less likely to cause serious problems. For example, white chocolate contains the least amount
http://www.ehow.com/way_5759217_do-dog-sick-chocol...
The ingredient in chocolate that causes the toxicity in dogs is
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-in-chocolat...
Explore this Topic
If a dog was to eat a teaspoonful of chocolate if would kill a dog or make them very sick to the point were they would die. You should never feed a dog any type ...
Just because a lab is a chocolate lab doesn't mean the dog should be eating chocolate. No breed of dog should eat chocolate, it can cause an upset tummy and worms ...
Apparently, chocolate has something in it called Theobromine. Theobromine is toxic to dogs and the ingredients in chocolate can be harmful to dogs. It takes a ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com