How Much Chocolate Is Toxic to Dogs?

Answer

There is a certain amount of chocolate consumption that will be fatal to your dog, so accidental feeding may not be that devastating to our pet's health. Specifically, the dog has to consume 100 to 150 milligrams per kilo of its body weight for chocolate to be fatal. If it is weighing 10 kilograms, then the dog has to consume in theory at least a gram of chocolate to suffer adverse effects. Bear in mind though that some dogs may be more sensitive so simply avoid feeding chocos to your dog.
1 Additional Answer
Ask.com Answer for: how much chocolate is toxic to dogs
It is not safe for dogs to eat chocolate.
Chocolate can contain high amounts of fat and caffeine-like stimulants known as methylxanthines. If ingested in significant amounts, chocolate can potentially produce clinical effects in dogs ranging from... More >>
Foods Dogs Should Not Eat:
Q&A Related to "How Much Chocolate Is Toxic to Dogs"
1. Call the vet immediately. If you have any suspicion that your dog has ingested chocolate, call your vet immediately. If it’s after hours, don’t wait until the morning
http://www.ehow.com/how_4466170_treat-chocolate-to...
Chocolate contains high levels of fat and caffeine substances known as methylxanthines. If dogs ingest significant amounts of chocolate it can cause clinical effects vomiting and
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_chocolate_toxic_t...
The theobromine found in chocolate can be lethal to some animals,
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-in-chocolat...
Most plants are toxic to dogs. You should always consult a vet if your pet ingests any plants or leaves. Many dogs love to eat grass but keep in mind that even grass can be toxic
http://answers.ask.com/Home/Gardening/what_plants_...
Explore this Topic
Chocolate contains theobromine that is toxic to dogs in sufficient quantities. This is a xanthine compound in the same family of caffeine, and theophylline. It ...
Some things that are toxic to dogs are chocolate, grapes, raisins, chicken bones, cabbage, bread dough, onions, milk, mushrooms and garlic. ...
Ibuprofen is toxic to dogs in as little as one 200mg pill as it can cause health complications such as kidney or liver failure. The dog must immediately be taken ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com