How to Cauterize Using Silver Nitrate Stick?

Answer

To cauterize using silver nitrate stick, you will require silver nitrate stick (applicator stick) made up of 75% silver nitrate and the remaining percentage (25%) being for potassium nitrate. As the silver nitrate and water in the blood come into contact, the silver nitrate solubilizes forming nitric acid which brings about the burn (cautery) effect.
Q&A Related to "How to Cauterize Using Silver Nitrate Stick?"
Silver nitrate is an effective anti-biotic and is frequently used in surgical dressing.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_silver_nitrate_is_us...
If skin is exposed to silver nitrate, wash the area
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-remove-s...
Before beginning treatment, read the manufacturer's printed information leaflet. Use this preparation exactly as directed by your doctor. Rub the wart or verruca gently with an emery
http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Silver-nitrate.h...
Silver Nitrate "Burns" the top layer of the tissue. Scrub on in in a day or two, it will flake off. I know this because I got a fellow co worker back for six years of practacle
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200707...
Explore this Topic
The way to apply silver nitrate sticks is to dab it directly onto granulated tissue for about 10 seconds. Many doctors and health care workers prefer to do this ...
Doctors recommend that you do not disturb the cauterized area of the nose for about a week after silver nitrate cauterization. The degree and area of cauterization ...
Silver nitrate is a corrosive chemical substance made from silver and nitric acid. It is administered either in stick form or a liquid form diluted with water.Silver ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com