How to Change a Name on Property Deed?


To change the name on a title deed, solicitor will be needed and is most likely to charge a particular fee for this service. If there is a mortgage on the property and if there are co-owners then the lenders or co-owners will need to agree to the changes by signing an agreement.
1 Additional Answer
To change names on property deeds, visit a lawyer and file an application. A background check will be done and approval from persons will be required whose name is being removed.
Q&A Related to "How to Change a Name on Property Deed"
1. Fill out the deed document. These can be found online, through a lawyer, or possibly from the county office where the deeds are held. A link to an online site is in the resources
If your name has changed you do not need to change it on your deed. After the change you may legally sign documents by signing. "Sarah Graham, formerly known as Sarah Clark"
Probate is a little different in each state in the United States, but in general, when a person dies, all of that person's assets become a part of that person's probate estate. A
1. Open a specific document in MS Word or a blank page. 2. Click the "Office Button" in the top left corner. Scroll to "Prepare" and select the "Properties&
Explore this Topic
Changing of name on property deeds can be caused by many situations which include, wanting to include your spouse's name in the deed. Another reason could be the ...
You need to duly submit an application to have name changed on house deeds. You will also need to submit property layout details and supportive documents. ...
You need to take assistant of an attorney to change a name on Title Deeds. They will ask for verification documents such as statement and property layouts. ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014