Is Lavender Poisonous?

Answer

Lavender is a fragrant plant that is used in soaps, sachets, and shampoos. The aroma of lavender has a soothing and calming effect. The scent comes from the oil in the lavender's small flowers. Lavender oil is toxic if taken orally, and it should only be used topically or inhaled. The oil can cause allergic reactions in some people when used on the skin. Lavender is used in teas and some baked goods, and it is not poisonous when used in this way, when dried buds are used.
Reference:
1 Additional Answer
No lavender is not poisonous. As a matter of fact some people use it in teas and other herbal medicines. It is also not poisonous to cats, dogs, or horses.
Q&A Related to "Is Lavender Poisonous?"
Lavender oil (mainly linalyl acetate and linalool)
http://www.drugs.com/enc/lavender-oil.html
Explore this Topic
Lavender oil is poisonous to cats. You should really stay away from aromatherapy oils with a cat around. The oils can cause liver damage and burn their skin over ...
Liriopes are flowering plants from East Asia that resemble grass. Liriopes bear lavender or pink flowers that develop into blackish berries. These berries are ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com