Is Sterling Silver Hypoallergenic?

Answer

There is a difference in hypoallergenic and Sterling Silver. Sterling is a type of silver. It indicates a formula of silver and other metal blend that is used to create the metal. Sterling is typically a combination of 92.5% fine silver, with the other 7.5% being another metal such as zinc, copper, or nickel. Hypoallergenic jewelry is made specifically for people who are allergic to nickel. This means that most of them cannot wear Sterling Silver since a portion of it is probably nickel. Sterling silver can be hypoallergenic, but only if it is a fact that no nickel is blended with the silver.
Reference:
Q&A Related to "Is Sterling Silver Hypoallergenic?"
925 sterling silver is a combination of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% of other metals such as copper. A higher percentage of pure silver would be too soft for successfully producing
http://answers.ask.com/Fashion_and_Beauty/Jewelry/...
1. Carve a wax model of the piece you wish to have. Make sure that the finished wax carving will fit inside the can that you have chosen to use to hold the resin mold. 2. Set the
http://www.ehow.com/how_12170103_mold-sterling-sil...
Sterling silver is a combination of 92.5% silver and the rest of a stronger metal. The other metal chosen usually depends on the attributed designed. Some are used for durability
http://www.ask.com/answers/95612781/what-is-sterli...
1. Lion, Anchor and G. First of all we're assuming we know that the flatware piece we have is, in fact, sterling. For example, I was recently asked to sell a few vintage sterling
http://www.ehow.com/how_5820214_identify-sterling-...
Explore this Topic
Sterling is a term that is majorly used to describe anything consisting of/relating to British money. Sterling also refers to a grade of silver having a standard ...
Sterling silver is a popular silver for silverware, and jewelry. It is an alloy of silver, with 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. This alloy is stronger and more durable ...
Sterling silver is made up of silver and other metals, usually copper. Copper or other metals are infused into the fine silver to give it more strength. The fine ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com