What are mountains made of?

Answer

Mountains are generally made of the different earth materials. These include rocks, lava flows, coral or sand. The different types of mountains result from their processes of formation rather than their differences. Coral mountains will be found in seas or areas with such history.
Q&A Related to "What are mountains made of?"
Although some of the ingredients of Coca-Cola are well known, the exact formula is a heavily guarded trade secret. Known ingredients include the coca leaf, the kola nut, sugar, phosphoric
http://www.ask.com/web-answers/Food_and_Drinks/Oth...
Eggshells are made of a few different ingredients. The ingredients about 95% CaCO3. The other 5% is a mix of calcium phosphate, magnesium carbonate, soluble, and insoluble proteins.
http://www.ask.com/web-answers/Business/Constructi...
Hair is made of 91 percent protein and a long chain of amino acids like carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen and sulfur. They are also the building blocks of skin and nails.
http://www.ask.com/web-answers/Health/Diseases/wha...
Hydrogen Peroxide consists of hydrogen and oxygen: H2O2. It is used to clean wounds, and it also bleaches. If you're a brunette, be careful about getting it on your hair.
http://www.ask.com/web-answers/Business/Constructi...
3 Additional Answers
When two plates press against each other until the land is lifted and folded over itself. One plate can push on top of another one. As one plate slides downward into the earth, it begins to melt. The melted rock rushes upward along cracks and weak spots, bursting out as a fiery volcano forming a mountain.
Mountains are made up of earth and rock materials. These features are formed by slow but enormous movements of the earth's crust. Mountains exist on every continent and even beneath oceans.
You may notice that some of our smaller mountains may be man made. But most mountains were made millions of years ago. When the earths plates were moving and colliding with each other. You can find more information here: www. mountain. org/education/subexplore/explore02. cfm
Explore this Topic
The Andes mountains formed as a result of plate tectonics. The Earth's lithosphere is made up of tectonic plates. The large scale movement of these plates have ...
Volcanoes are mountains where lava, that is, hot, liquid rock, comes from a magma chamber under the ground where pressure causes it to blow off the top of the ...
A volcano is made up of magma and gas. The magma usually turns into lava at the earth's surface and when the lava cools, it forms a hill or a mountain shape. A ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com