What Causes Excessive Oil Consumption?

Answer

There are several elements that cause excessive oil consumption. Some of this causes include, bad valve seals, worn out valve guides and worn out piston rings. A bad valve seal is the worst because it doesn't control the flow of oil which in turn flows down and burns.
Q&A Related to "What Causes Excessive Oil Consumption?"
If you have blue-gray smoke coming out of the exhaust, then you have worn or damaged piston rings, or valve seals. If the smoke is excessive, a major engine overhaul will be necessary
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_cause_of_exc...
The U.S. Department of Energy claims that gas-based furnace systems only use roughly 90 percent of the heat that results from burning the gas. The other 10 percent escapes through
http://www.ehow.com/info_12127806_causes-excessive...
It's either leaking out, mixing with the coolant (have you checked the coolant? or it's burning it. Impossible to diagnose over the internet but at a guess it could be the head gasket
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201309...
Dirty air filter bad plugs low tire presure bad plug wires bad O2 sensor(major contributer) Aftermarket parts can improve your feul economy ie: intake, exaust, plugs, wires, coil
http://www.fixya.com/cars/t3594867-could_cause_exc...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com