What chemicals are used to make fireworks?

Answer

Among the chemicals used in the making of fireworks include: gunpowder, aluminum, ammonium percholorate calcium carbonate carbon, copper, iron, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, sulphur and fuel. They are usually classified according to where they perform, either aerial or ground. Fireworks are mainly used for entertainment purposes and as part of fireworks display.
Q&A Related to "What chemicals are used to make fireworks?"
copper chloride makes fireworks blue.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_chemical_makes_fire...
Chemically speaking, the sun is made up mostly of hydrogen, about 91 percent. The other 9 percent is made up of helium, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, silicon and sulphur.
http://www.ask.com/web-answers/Science/Other/what_...
Since the invention of fireworks in ancient China, they have been synonymous with celebration. We see them every 4th of July in celebration of Independence Day, bursting in the sky
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5154922_fireworks-cha...
Chemical Formula Most commonly, the chemical formula is written as CH3COO- which shows the structure of the acetate ion. The alternative formula, C2H3O2-, is also correct. Atomic
http://www.ehow.com/how_5787854_elements-make-chem...
2 Additional Answers
Elements such as antimony, barium, calcium and carbon are commonly used chemicals in the manufacture of fireworks. These chemicals are used to produce compounds that determine the characteristics of the fireworks. Chemical reactions of these compounds propel the fireworks, and lead to their eventual bursting.
Charcoal is the most common fuel used in fireworks. Other chemicals are oxidizing agents like nitrates, which are used to produce the oxygen needed for the firework to burn. Also different chemicals are used to produce different coloured fireworks like copper produces the blue colour.
Similar Questions
Explore this Topic
Fireworks explode by the processes of oxidation and reduction, also known as the redox reaction. Nitrates, perchlorates and chlorates are used as oxiders. As the ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com