What Do I Do If My Kid Swallowed a Penny?

Answer

If your child swallowed a penny, they will pass it in her stool and ending up no worse for the experience. While you wait, kep a close eye on her, and call her doctor if she starts vomiting, drooling, refusing to eat, running a fever, coughing, or wheezing. Also call the doctor if you don't see the object in your preschooler's stool in the next couple of days.
Q&A Related to "What Do I Do If My Kid Swallowed a Penny"
Most of the time if you swallow a penny it will come out the other end. If it doesn't come out, and you experience abdominal pain you need to consult a doctor. It is best not to swallow
http://answers.ask.com/Science/Chemistry/what_happ...
Use these tips to teach your kids how to swallow pills and other medication. Being sick is no fun. Adding pills to the ordeal can make a child's sickness even more stressful - and
http://www.life123.com/parenting/young-children/ki...
1. Fill a small cup with water. The NYU Child Study Center recommends letting your child gulp a mouthful of water and swallow it. Practice this a few times to get him used to swallowing
http://www.ehow.com/how_7909205_kids-swallow-pills...
Holy crap, that's some crazy ****! I did not know that. Thanks for the education!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200711...
Explore this Topic
If a child has swallowed a penny, the immediate recommended course of action is to remove the penny if it is visible. If the penny is small enough to pass through ...
When a toddler swallows a penny you should contact their pediatrician and get their opinion on if or when you should take the child to the emergency room. ...
Most of the time if you swallow a penny it will come out the other end. If it doesn't come out, and you experience abdominal pain you need to consult a doctor. ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com