What does 925 mean?

Answer

The number 925 is generally used to describe sterling silver. It means that there is 92.5% silver in an item. The remaining 7.5% is an alloy of either nickel or copper and is used to make the silver item stronger.
2 Additional Answers
Ask.com Answer for: what does 925 mean
The symbol 925 stamped in to some metals, especially silver, has to do with the purity of the metal. For instance, if stamped on silver, it means the silver is 92.5% pure.
Q&A Related to "What does 925 mean?"
Pur silver cannot be used in making jewelry as it is extremely malleable and can suffer damage easily. Craftsmen increase the strength of the metal by adding other materials. One
http://answers.ask.com/Fashion_and_Beauty/Beauty/w...
1. Connect the Whirlpool dishwasher to a functional power outlet if nothing is working on the unit. Replace or reset the circuit breaker or fuse as needed. 2. Reduce the number of
http://www.ehow.com/how_8104617_troubleshoot-whirl...
It is hallmarking it means the item is sterling silver!
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_925_on_jewelry
Silver that is 925 silver is Sterling Silver. The sterling silver standard has a minimum
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-925-silver
Explore this Topic
925 silver is also called sterling silver it is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper. Pure ...
925 gold is 925/1,000 parts gold or 92.5 percent gold (22.2k). 100 percent gold designated as 24k. Many jewellers will imprint a three-digit hallmark into gold ...
Numbers stamped etched or engrave inside a ring normally mean the carat weight of the ring. Therefore the 925 means the ring has 925 carats. ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com