What Does 925 on Sterling Silver Mean?

Answer

925 means that it is only 99.9% sterling silver of 925. They are genuine and high quality sterling silver, rather than silver plate. The number indicates the metal also indicates 7.5% of copper alloy. It is a customary used by craftsmen.
Q&A Related to "What Does 925 on Sterling Silver Mean?"
925 refers to the 92.5 percent content of silver in the alloy. The other 7.5 percent usually consists of copper, which does not change the color of silver but adds to its hardness
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5934871_sterling-silver-...
Pure silver is extremely malleable and can be easily damaged. It also softens over time even at room temperature. To avoid these problems and increase the life-span of your silver
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_exactly_is_925_ster...
that's a fancy way of saying something is silver plated. They are trying to trick people into believing the 925 and the sterling silver, but the important thing is the 'layered'
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201104...
Between August and September 2012, the price per ounce of silver went from
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-is-.925-st...
3 Additional Answers
Ask.com Answer for: what does 925 on sterling silver mean
925 on sterling silver | Define 925 on sterling silver at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/925 on sterling silver
The world's most popular free online dictionary with definitions, spell check, word origins, example sentences, audio pronunciations, Word of the Day and more!
The 925 on sterling silver means that it is sterling silver. Sterling silver is 9.25 pure and that is where the number comes from. Pure silver is too soft to use to make anything and that is why it must be mixed with something else.
The stamp 925 on sterling silver, means that it is the purest silver you can get for jewelry. The item contains 92.5% silver and the remaining 7.5% is a metal that is added to make the silver strong.
Explore this Topic
925 Italy Sterling Silver is a mark awarded to Italian sterling silver. Sterling silver is a highly collectable type of silver, which develops a patina with time ...
What is 925 FAS Silver? 925 FAS does not mean the Silver is Fantastic Antique Silver. 925 FAS Silver revers to Fused Alloy Silver. This Sterling Silver has 925 ...
The 925 stamp on many pieces of gold jewelry means that the piece is made of of 92.5 percent pure gold and usually, sterling silver is what compromises the rest ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com