What Happens If Dogs Eat Chocolate?

Answer

If your dog eats a small amount of chocolate then he will probably be okay. Chocolate contains caffeine and theobromine which are both toxic to dogs. It could cause them to get very sick or even die if they eat too much. You can find more information here: http://www. petplace. com/dogs/why-dogs-can-t-eat-chocolate/page1. aspx
Q&A Related to "What Happens If Dogs Eat Chocolate"
Chocolate contains theobromine, which is toxic to your dog. The theobromine will act like a poison to the animal and kill your dog if enough chocolate is eaten. If you suspect your
http://www.ask.com/web-answers/Science/Nature/what...
Just because your beloved pet begs at the table doesn't mean he should eat anything you toss his way. While canines will happily gobble down a bit of your leftover steak with no ill
http://www.ehow.com/info_8267791_happens-dog-eats-...
Chocolate has theobromine and caffeine can effect the central nervous system (may cause your dog to tilt his head or bob,walk backwards or to the side almost as if he's drunk) and
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_will_happen_if_a_do...
If your dog eats too much chocolate, it can die; however, a little bit of
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-if-a-d...
1 Additional Answer
Ask.com Answer for: what happens if dogs eat chocolate
It is not safe for dogs to eat chocolate.
Chocolate can contain high amounts of fat and caffeine-like stimulants known as methylxanthines. If ingested in significant amounts, chocolate can potentially produce clinical effects in dogs ranging from... More >>
Foods Dogs Should Not Eat:
Explore this Topic
When a small dog eats chocolate it can affect the cardiovascular system and the nervous system of the dog causing vomiting and diarrhoea. Chocolate contains theobromine ...
Chocolate is toxic to dogs and it can result in death if it is taken in high amounts. Chocolates contain theobromine, which a stimulant that affects the nervous ...
If a dog eats a piece of regular gum it should pass through their system with few problems. However, if the gum contains Xylitol you will need to consult a veterinarian ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com